Wednesday 28 May 2014

My learnings from a "Worse Manager"

 

Abki Bar Modi Sarkar! Abki Bar Modi Sarkar! Abki Bar Modi Sarkar! Oh god and those wonderful adds about “ Janta Maaf nahin karegi”. ( for the native English speakers purpose this means, "people would not forgive the misdeeds"). At last we have “ The Mr Narendra Modi” I am sorry, “ Our prime minister Modiji’s Sarkar.
I hardly can think of anything else apart our election and all those ads in the TV. “Can you just imagine a world where a person is made or destroyed by media”? Stupidity at its best, I feel like everyone is behind creating an aura called “Modiji (with lot of respect)”. And that wonderful tag line” Ab ki bar Modi sarkar”. Hey listen I am not against anybody here, if you think I am then “who cares”!! Speech is my fundamental right and constitution of India does allow me do speak!
All I wanted to tell you, “Even bad managers are required” (Ask our prime minister, he will tell you the real benefits), its rather awesome to work under bad a manager. “A worst manager, creates are makes an effective employee. I am not joking, I am dead serious, and if our own PM were to be an effective guy then do you think “Any one would have ever said, Ab ki bar Modi sarkar”! Alas that would been a day dreaming. Modiji would have been ruling the same old state until his last breathe. The best thing about this year election is that people truly said “ who is the boss”.
Dear Prime minister if you make the same mistakes then you can never dream about coming back to power. I suppose some great guy once said “ Use power carefully”!! I tend to forget about the interesting things, I am sure it’s because of my nervousness asking a PM to do anything is not right. Because PM knows things it all…. And we live in a world where everyone feels leaders know all!.. Dear Modiji please thank our Ex- PM first and his wonderful team which is giving you an option to lead our country and please do not make the same mistakes. People can really throw you out, I am you’re your party would have learned the lesson from last MLA election in Karnataka.
Oh god, let’s not talk about the country, let me talk about myself, we are Indians made to think about ourselves. We are indians and programmed to think about ourselfs, my dad said think about you, my friends said dude think about you... and when I started my manager said mate it's time for your appraisal and think about yourself!!! How can I ever make a mistake of thinking of the country, state or my own village. .... You might be saying as you read, could you please stop it !!!
My last company where I worked I had a wonderful and very ineffective manager and I have listed down some of the qualities which I learned.  You must be thinking Is he out of his mind? People say you can learn a lot from a great manager not from a bad one? Has he lost his small brain which doesn’t work? My friend was against I writing this blog, he was shocked when I said these things to him.
I seriously learned and became a better person after working under a “Bad or the worst manager ever I could work under”. People say “Employees leave managers not the company” and that’s really true, hence I moved out of that organization.
Let’s straight away get on to the qualities which you can learn from a “Bad or worse manager”.
Planning: A bad manager never plans, and I have seen time and again while working under a Bad manager is that to be an effective manager. You need to have a strong plan, with regards to everything. Because of this wonderful worst manager I now know how to Plan, isn’t this is a great deal of learning. Think again…
Motivating Team: A most ineffective manager is the one who doesn’t understand the meaning of motivating, and I have seen manier times while working, the team had very low morale. And I realized that my manager had no Idea about all these things. Guess what.. I spent a quality time of a month and learned about motivating team.
Coaching: This manager of ours “never coached anyone, she never believed in grooming people. How can anyone grow if he/she is never coached or never groomed? To be honest I realized the importance of coaching/grooming of employees after working under a bad manager.
Multi-tasking: Every project I use to get had very less time, because my manager was ineffective and a bad manager. Such a wonderful thing and I had so much of pressure, that I had to multi-task  and work hard to meet the deadlines. Today in another organization, things which took weeks, takes a day or two to complete. Isn’t it bliss to work under a bad manager!
Sharing feedback: To be truly honest, I would like to tell my ex-manager she had no Idea about how to share feedback. She was on your face, and never listened to team members. It’s very important to understand sharing feedback is basics of any Manager or leader.
Delegating: This manager of mine never knew how to delegate a task; there were times when people out on deadlines. They miss out the critical information in their daily work. They felt frustrated because the manager had a different point all together. And the work never happened as expected. 
I learned a lot many things however for this blog I think we close it at this juncture…
Let us all welcome our new Prime minister, Mr Narendra Modiji, I would like to wish a wonderful tenure “Sir”. And humble requests if you were to ever meet our Ex-PM please feel free to ask him to read my last blog and I am still waiting for his answers.
Dear Primier I also have an agenda as those TV channels and other analyst who give a list of things which I don’t know whether you would add them or not.  I shall surely right my next blog on what should you do as PM? ( Sir I am laughing at myself as write)… How can a simple man like me even dare to give an agenda to the “ Prime Minister of India” , has he gone mad?  
Dear readers and “ Mr Narendra Modiji… Until we meet next time.. happy reading and keep learning..








2 comments:

  1. Superb... Keep it Going... In every negative you can certainly see a positive on the opposite side, provided you are willing to change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Ravishankar... I am pleased that you liked my attitude of searching for water in dessert!!..

    ReplyDelete