Tuesday 6 January 2015

Building an organization - The lost monk

As usual I was running around hospitals, holidays and gosh the so called “31st” night. I am bit shocked to see how people live on 31st and then on 1st they are the same. They soon realise they cannot live every day. Isn’t that sad that we cannot live every day, every moment like we live that night on 31st. It is a crazy right!! But I am sure you get bored with that too. “Anything can be boring after a while”.

I feel it’s rather bad to indulge in others life!! So your life live it the way you want!

In this blog I would like to continue sharing the gems I received from Grandpa (The lost Monk). In my last article we talked about how a leader (Commander) makes all the difference. Let’s come back to the story....
.........................................................................................................
My jaws fell like the leaves in autumn, all I wanted to do is to make notes. I quickly interjected and said “Can I write this down”.. I knew how important it was for me to gather what I was listening. Once a great man said “The knowledge grows when you share it”..

My Grandpa stopped “Yes you can my boy”....

I went into the room searching for a pen and paper had no luck, I came back with the laptop. Listening while typing could be hardest job anyone can every do. So I stopped bothering the technology... “Technology can make fools; it has never made great people”. Although I am not against the technology!!! I am against the misuses of technology..

I apologised my Grandpa for the impudence and inconvenience!! Gosh these days hard to find a pen a paper unless you have small kid studying in your house, we are all surrounded by technology ( The phones, laptop, computers, TV and what not). I still remember when I said “TB instead of TV cause i feel both are deceases which conquer and make us die”..Any how my village and my home has less educated than learned. So I asked my “mom” to help me with a notebook and pen. She borrowed it from my neighbour’s kids and nicely gave it to me, with a cheeky smile. As if I should be carrying a pen and paper no matter wherever I go???

Well at last I came back to where my Grandpa was sitting.... And sat quietly next to him and I asked “Please go ahead now, I am ready now”..

He said “The more curious you are the better and more you will learn”.  he continued.. As I said the leader makes all the difference in any organization. I can recall the great warrior “Ashoka” for the way he fought and the way he loved. It is hard to find leaders with such character and authenticity; we have colleges and universities which educate people to become workers but not leaders!! That’s an irony...

Capitalist of today are not interested in anyone apart from money, that’s sad. We cry for “make in India” comment of Mr Narendra Modiji. He might have great thoughts of employment and development. I can be sure that “Capitalist never create employment, it’s the consumers who create employment”. We are yet to find a great leader to lead our country, and we shall only find if we train leaders not workers!

He took a deep breath..... Let me tell you this boy. “Never be fooled by capitalist and some politicians the propaganda of making people rich. You simply cannot, you can never have an equal society.... There can never be equality among all of us, great people know and some use it to get the vote and some use it to make more money”.

My world came crashing “I was thinking Make in India project “ it ‘s great way to provide a platform to make everyone little rich”. I had no idea my Grandpa knew all these things, I know for fact he reads books but I never would have thought he has so much of knowledge. Looks can deceptive and knowledge can be concealed well.


I felt as I was little drunk with knowledge, it was an eye opener for me, all I could I do to look at the world more compassionately. I would rather say I was dumb, could not breath.. My brain stopped working, heart was beating quiet stupidly. Goose bumps what I felt once was all over my hand and leg. I think it happens when you listen to what you have never thought of it... never dreamt of it... never visualised of it.

He went out spat his paan, if you want to make a great paan you need to know the right blend. He came back sat quietly for moment looking around, looking at the old tree just outside of house. An old tree with its own grandeur and presence, sometimes I feel observing nature can make us better intellectually than studying hell lot of books.

My curiosity has no bound, it grows every second. And I questioned “Grandpa, now that we have talked about a great leader.. what’s next to build a great organizations”..

He simple smiled at me and began “The problem with your generation you cannot chew a lot at the same time, but you still want. Although I agree that the information which you have today is more than what I knew all my life”.. Foolishness can never wisdom... Go slow sometimes...

Now that you have asked me, let me talk about what is the second most important thing to build a great organization.

The Earth........

I was baffled by the statement he made, how earth can be the most important thing to build organization, I wanted to listen from my newly found master. So I kept quiet...

You must be confused right!!!

I intriguingly said “yes”..

Listen Gundu (my nickname) when I say all I mean knowing.......
  • Where you are?
  •  What you are?
  •  Who are your competitions?
  • What makes them vulnerable?
  • What is the difference between your and competitors product?
  • How your customers are going to accept it?
  • How you are going it to present it and market it?
  • What is the market share of each product?  And he paused as if he was savouring the honey from beetle nut and spat just outside of house.
I don’t know how do I explain this wonderful learning of my life, I had no words. Should I call intellectual, spirited or rather saintly.

“Remember if you can visualise future, you can win the world”..  Those were the words dripping life the milk from mother’s breast....

The experience of listening to a great master could be like the incarnation... It happens but you will never know it really happened. You see the god but the next second you don’t where you are.. I felt the same and by and by my Grandpa bothered me with his little pat on the back.. I was sailing in the heaven of knowledge and learning.

He observed “Enough for the day, you rest and we will talk about other aspects tomorrow”...

I wanted to go back and simply thing about all these things but world has different ways to teach you, my father came and said I should go to my garden and take care of it. I got up where I was sitting my soul and heart were with my Grandpa but my body obeyed to what my dad said....

To be continued for good reasons..... Happy new year too all of you....


No comments:

Post a Comment