Thursday 26 February 2015

Leadership Lessons from Mr Modiji

Well well well....... Been long.... It’s all happening.... The Delhi polls, Cricket world cup... The Champions league, the Rail budget, the land bill, the #NOVIP movement across India and a lot more...  Not to mention the swine-flu, I was very close but I think I left the Hyderabad at the right time. 

Many more things are happening in the mind and heart of common man and we are still behind “The ACCHE DIN”... We are all waiting our beloved Prime minister to deliver..... Recently the Premier sold his Blazer for approximately for 4 Crore’s and donated all the money to clean “The holy river Ganga”.  Some of the people whom I met recently were telling me that “Gangaji ka achche din agaye, patha nahin hamara kab ayega” (The Ganga (Holy River) has got the best days but we don’t know when our turn will come”.

If you are diehard fan of Modiji, you will really feeling like slapping me. If you are not you must be thinking... This guy seems to be nice we shall promote his blogs as Anti-Modii’s to create awareness?

You may take either way but that’s none of my business ( I am niehter Pro nor against our Prime minister, I am Pro real leadership), all I can say is that in this blog I am going to talk about some of the qualities which I have observed from the day I know our Prime minister.

Let me warn you before you proceed further with reading this blog these are my opinions and I have all the right to share. But if you are a leadership learner and want to be great leader in future then here is the platform form for you to learn... “Remember learning is a process” hence I have listed both the bad and the good qualities of Mr Premier. And it’s up to the wisdom of the reader to decide which is good and which is bad....

Charismatic:

Charisma is defined as “exercising a compelling charm which inspires devotion in others, compelling people to follow without any incentives but for the sake Purpose”.
And this is how the dictionary.com “With divinely given power and talent. The word often used to describe sect leaders capable of inspiring or influencing people”.

There were couple of Charismatic leader, The Martin Luther King Jr and Hitler who inspired people. Although Hitler used the movement to attain his so called hidden agenda but Martin Luther King Jr was one of the leaders. Who will always be remembered till we see Sun and Moon, till we have air and water ... Forever... and ever.....

As I write a question popped into my mind, Does leader only Just Charisma and be Charismatic?

Let us all use our brain and contemplate....“I reckon No .......Charisma and being Charismatic is good, but you need to stand and hold the Purpose dear to your heart”...  And be against all odds to achieve the Purpose....

Now can we question our Premier does he really hold Purpose so close, the Purpose which all of voted him to the Prime Minister?

I think Delhi elections answered the question and we don’t need any more proof. If you are Charismatic its good, but Charisma is just a quality but you need work hard and strive for the Purpose if you do not people will stop trusting the ability of the leader.
I Quote “Gandhi was a great leader he never deviated from the Purpose, The independent India. He was one of those leaders who taught us the importance of both Charisma and the value of Purpose”.
Communicate with people:

One of the key aspects of Modiji’s leadership was that he communicated with people all through the campaign. He communicated with utmost conviction to get the better life and future for each one us. As the days passed by, he stops communicating with people. And there I saw a tweet recently in social media “ Dear Prime minister before election you talked a lot, now you have kept quiet on many issues and you have become like our old Prime minister”..

Remember Leadership is about communicated everything...Always keep communication as the key to success. People will not understand you even after they have bestowed you the power of leadership if you cannot communicate clearly and concisely.

Promise only if you can deliver:

There comes a time when you have to deliver what you have promised, there comes a times when people will question? There comes a time when people will slowly unfollow you....

There are number of promises which were made by the current Government, although it’s too soon to comment I am not an expert in politics are policies of the country. Mere talks will never help, when you are leader you are here to deliver. The black money, the land bill, and many more things which were promised to us were not even close in delivering.
Let’s revise what we have learned, remember..... Charisma and being Charismatic is good... but the Purpose is more important.

Communicate with people because people are the one who bestowed the power...
The last but not the least never promise which you cannot deliver. If you think you cannot then tell people... Because a promise not met by a leader can have dire consequences..

Dear blessed learner, we will discuss more about other aspects of leadership as we progress. I would like to close this blog with a Poem God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference”.
Reinhold Niebuhr...


Until we meet next time.... Be leadership Karma be with you..... Happy reading.....

No comments:

Post a Comment